Welcome to the OREGON Local Attractions page! Below you will find OREGON attractions sorted by city. You can select the cities on the left of the page or scroll down to view each individual attraction. Please click on the picture of the attraction you would like to visit to go to their personal page. On their personal page you will find maps, pictures, rates for each attraction. Some include coupons and discounts for their attraction and a link to their business webpage where you can find even more information.
Bend, OREGON Full Details   Property#  Attraction Type: THEATRE
CASCADES THEATRICAL COMPANY
Cascades Theatrical Company (CTC) is Central Oregon's premier live theatre providing the community with quality productions for over 25 years. CTC has six mainstage productions a year (September through June), including musicals, dramas, and comedies. Catch the action and experience li
Bend, OREGON Full Details   Property#  Attraction Type: SHOPPING
Blue Spruce Gallery & Pottery Studio
Bend Oregon's original pottery gallery/studio located in the Old Mill Marketplace. Specializing in custom dinnerware, lamps, wall art, raku, sinks and tilework.
For years I have invited the public to watch the fascinating process of raku. As they became more and more excite
Bend, OREGON Full Details   Property#  Attraction Type: TOURS
Sky Cruise Hot Air Balloon Adventures
COME SAIL THE SKY WITH US! Your hot air balloon adventure will start at sunrise when the winds are light and weather is usually favorable. We welcome you to come and participate in the setup and inflation of our 127,000 cubic foot hot air balloon. After inflation we will gracefully ascend in
Prineville, OREGON Full Details   Property#  Attraction Type: TOURS
Mt Emily Shay Steam Engine excursions
MT EMILY SHAY STEAM EXCURSIONS begin again in May. Climb aboard relax and experience the sights, sounds and nostalga of steam railroading as it used to be. Adventures young and old will cherish the memories of the echoing whistle and hissing steam on a trip through time you'll always rememb
Redmond, OREGON Full Details   Property#  Attraction Type: DINER THEATER
Crooked River Dinner Train
The Crooked River Dinner Train is a wild west adventure. Choose from Murder Mystery or Sunday Jesse James Robbery.
The Crooked River Railroad is an 1800's Western Theme Dinner Train, featuring characters from the wild west. On your three hour journey back in
Silverton, OREGON Full Details   Property#  Attraction Type: RESTAURANT
Wooden Nickel Pub & Eatery
The Wooden Nickel is located in the outskirts of beautiful historic Silverton, Oregon. We feature Burgers, Steaks, Seafood & Pasta in our full menu. All of our breads are homemade by our very own baker, Dave.
Some of the events that happen each month at the Wooden Nickel....Read More.
Silverton, OREGON Full Details   Property#  Attraction Type: RESTAURANT
Mac's Place is located in the heart of beautiful historic Silverton Oregon. We feature Burgers, Sandwiches, Pasta & Pizza in our full menu. All of our breads & pizza dough are homemade by our very own baker, Dave.
Enjoy live music every Saturday night, creekside dining & partie
Silverton, OREGON Full Details   Property#  Attraction Type: CONCERTS
2006 Wooden Nickel Summer Concert Series at the Oregon Garden
Join us for our annual Summer Concert Series in beautiful historic Silverton Oregon at the Oregon Garden Teufel Amphitheater. This years lineup includes:
Amy Clawson (country) - July 3 with a free firework show after the concert
Delbert McClinton w/ special guest The Lloyd Jones Struggle
Tantrum-Free Vacations: 5 Creative Tips to Keep Your Sanity While Traveling With Your Children
Tantrum-free vacations: 5 creative tips to keep your sanity, travel with your children, and have a fun vacation, really!
You want to spend your vacation at a spa resort, your husband's idea of a good time is a weekend at the golf course, and your kids can't wait to test out the latest hot rides at the amusement park. Is there such a thing as a family vacation that makes everyone happy or are you destined to hearing the children grumbling from behind their DS, "are we there yet" while you're refereeing their arguments from the front seat?
No matter what age your children are, from tots to teens, vacations can easily become hijacked by whining, pouting, and full out screaming from kids and spouses too. So how can you have a tantrum-free vacation, keep your sanity while traveling with your children, and actually have a fun time?
Try these 5 sanity saving tantrum-free traveling tips:
1. Pick vacations that will have something each family member can enjoy. No, you don't have to sacrifice grown-up time to enjoy a happy family vacation. Choose a location that will have something for everyone, such as a family friendly cruise with kid themed activities and lots of adult amenities or the family resort with the water park that suits mom's desire to shop and dad's golfing needs. If you have more than one child share some special " vacation alone time" with each child, where they can spend time with mommy or daddy doing an activity they choose.
2. Many children have a difficult time with transitioning, going from one thing to the next, and for some children a vacation is overstimulating. They may have a difficult time with loud noises, new experiences, or may be sensitive to moving from one place to another. Often tantrums or meltdowns are a child's way of expressing that they are overwhelmed. A little preparation can help with the transitions. Share with your child images of where you are going and talk about what they will see and experience. They can even begin a scrapbook with images of their vacation before they leave and complete it when they return, so they have a feeling of control over the experience. Pack a few things in your child's travel backpack that will help your child with transitioning and waiting, such as favorite music on their mp3, favorite DVDs, a new coloring book, or a new toy. Remember to always pack snacks and juice or water; a hungry kid is a cranky kid (and that goes for adults too).
3. Adults need fun too. Hire a babysitter for a night on the town and you will model to your children the importance of taking care of your relationship. Ask the concierge about the babysitting services the hotel provides or recommends, or you can google babysitting agencies. Make sure that the sitters are screened for background checks, and that they are CPR and First Aid certified, then take some time to dance the night away. Also, book adjoining rooms for older children so you can have some alone adult fun time too.
4. Head off the meltdowns and tantrums at the pass. As a parent you notice the signs that a melt down is brewing. It could be whining, or attempts to agitate their siblings, and you know that these are the early warning signs that the tantrum storm is coming. Take a minute and breathe before you respond. Children pick-up on your emotional state and mirror it via the phenomena of mirror neurons meaning if they are agitated then you are likely to mirror their emotional response, which only amplifies their tantrum. Research suggests taking a deep breath allows you to increase the flow of oxygen to your brain, whereby you'll approach the situation from a calm and rational place, rather than reactive response. Take a breath, let your child know you understand how they feel, and then calmly talk with your child.
5. Take a break. Sometimes there is just so much that your child can experience in one day before they become overwhelmed. Create some downtime each day where they can just play in the pool or chill with their tunes. Be realistic for the developmental age of your child, and just how much activity is too much, and you will minimize exhaustion tantrums.
Vacations can be fun filled for the whole family when you use these sanity saving tantrum-free traveling tips.
Want more information on how to help your child manage their frustrations visit http://www.thecreativityqueen.com and download the free audio teleseminar: "Secrets Your Kids Really Don't Want You to Know: A Child Art Therapist Tells All" (*except for the confidential stuff).
Dr. Laura JJ Dessauer, ATR-BC, LCAT, the founder of the Creativity Queen, LLC, is a Board Certified Creative Arts Therapist and Certified Parent and Teen Coach. Laura brings over 23 years of experience working with families, children and teens in over 21 school districts. The Creativity Queen, LLC, Winner of SCORE Small Business of the Year, offers individual art therapy sessions and creative problem solving programs for both children and adults. Want more tools and practical creative strategies that work? Visit http://thecreativityqueen.com and get instant access to our FREE audio mini-course: Secrets Your Kids Really Don't Want You to Know: A Child Art Therapist Tells All. (*except for the confidential stuff)
All Images, Text And Content Are Copyrighted. No Duplication Is Allowed Without Express Consent From The Business Owner
Site Hosted And Created By CTMOONLIGHTERS.COM
WWW.LOCALATTRACTIONS.COM is a division of Innovative Capital Inc.